The twenty-first century is the century of physical activity and natural environment. Our society needs educated young people who will promote a healthy lifestyle and sporting values in schools, work places and sport clubs. Regardless of whether it comes to education of future coaches, teachers of physical education or sport scientists, we are dedicated to a profound studying of theory, practical skills and a constant cooperation and interaction on the student-teacher relation.
Our multipurpose sporting halls, practice grounds and interactive classrooms, state-of-the-art research lab, e-library and traditional library are a guarantee that each of our students will get acquainted in a quality and accessible manner with all the latest trends in education in physical activity and sport.
On the bachelor studies we educate the future teachers of physical education and sport. Such professionals are required by both the educational institutions and the sport clubswhere future experts are an important factor of programming of physical education – from a child to a professional athlete. Throughout the three years of studying, the student gets acquainted with the theoretical and practical aspects of exercising within courses with a strong kinesiological, biomedical and socio-psychological foundation. By collecting 180 ECTS points during the studies, in accordance with the EU recommendations for education, the student is maximally directed towards practical work, at first with assistance and afterwards independently. The accent of our educational process is directed towards the acquisition of operational skills, such as the management of classes of physical education or that of the training in collective and individual sports. Joint sport activities, camping, participation in the students’ parliament are only some of the extracurricular activities that will stay in the students’ memory and, at the same time, allow for maturing and education during a common three-year period at TIMS.
Ten reasons to study sport at tims.
- Accredited and recognised study programme with years of experience.
- Latest educational methods oriented towards the adoption of practical skills and further development of skills and abilities.
- Work in small groups, enabling interaction, good communication with the teachers and high quality of studying.
- Practical insight and guest lectures of leading experts from sport clubs and institutions.
- Outgoing student support service team, following you from enrollment to graduation.
- High evaluation feedback marks in all areas of Faculty activities, showing our dedication to students.
- Practical work in the laboratory for functional diagnostics with top athletes and experts.
- Well-equipped and quality-designed interior provides for a top work atmosphere.
- Possibility to choose several study levels (3 to 8 years), according to your needs.
- Additional extracurricular activities enriching the student life.
Block of optional courses 1 (1 of 3 is chosen)
English language 1
German language 1
Italian language 1
Individual Sports in Educational Process 1
Theory of Physical Education
Hygiene with Health Ecology
Individual Sports in Educational Process 2
Block of optional courses 2 (1 of 3 is chosen)
English language 2
German language 2
Italian language 2
Team Sports in Educational Process 1
Basics of Management
Block of optional courses 3 (1 of 6 is chosen)
Table tennis 1
Team Sports in Educational Process 2
Management Methodics of Training Process
Sport in Schools
Teaching Methods in Physical Education
Block of optional courses 4 (1 of 3 is chosen)
Animation Theory and Planning
Exercise and Health
Block of optional courses 5 (1 of 3 is chosen)
Methods of Pre-school Physical Education
Methodics of Physical Education with Special Groups
Theory and Methodics of Recreation
Block of optional courses 6 (1 of 6 is chosen)
Stoni tenis 2
Block of optional courses 7 (1 of 3 is chosen)
Summer Outdoor Activities
Winter Outdoor Activities
Law and Ethics
Diagnostics in Physical Education and Sport
By mastering the study programme, the student acquires the competences necessary for quality performance of various activities in the field of physical education and sport. The achieved competences are displayed through the level of ability of general and course-specific skills and are listed in the diploma supplement awarded upon the completion of the study programme.
Upon mastering the study programme, the acquisition of the following general skills is expected:
- The ability to analyse and synthesise the relevant information and anticipation of solutions and consequences in teaching of physical education and sport training;
- The level of development of critical and self-critical thinking, as well as a competent approach to the problems from the field of physical education and sport;
- The ability to apply the gained theoretical knowledge in physical education and sport practice;
- The level of development of communication skills, as well as the competence in establishing the cooperation with the professional public, locally and internationally;
- Acquisition of the principles of professional ethics important for acting in the field of physical education and sport.
Upon mastering the study programme, the acquisition of the following specific skills is expected:
- A good knowledge and understanding of the problems and professional terms in the field of physical education and sport;
- Linking the basic kinesiological knowledge with the choice of adequate models of work in all spheres of physical education (pre-school, school and student level);
- Linking of basic kinesiological knowledge in modelling of efficient training methods in individual and collective sports;
- Developed skills important for an independent realisation of all curricular and extracurricular content in the field of school-level physical education (regular classes, school sport clubs, field work, camping, scouting…);
- The development of skills important for an independent realisation of recreational content and health programmes aimed atchildren, youth, adults, people with special needs;
- Competence in using the latest IT devices and interfaces essential to permanent advancement of own knowledge in the field of physical education and sport.