[tabs tab1=”Description” tab2=”Course list” tab3=”Competences”]
Upon completing our one-year master’s studies (60 ECTS), the student acquires the title of the Master of Physical Education and Sport. This level of studies is intended for all those who wish to get acquainted in a quality manner with the biological and psychosocial mechanisms of exercise programming, especially that of the sensitive groups, such as pre-school children, pregnant women, disabled people or sick persons. Our professor of physical education is a super-expert, possessing an advanced knowledge and skills in the fields of conditional training, diagnostics and biomedicine, psychology of exercising. During the studies, the future teacher increasingly researches the surrounding phenomena in the field of exercise and sport, training to take on the leading role upon graduation – in school, fitness club or local self-government.
Msc studies I year
Psychology of Sport and Physical Education
Block of optional courses 1 (1 of 3 is chosen)
Kinanthropological Analysis of Sports
Programming of Kinesiology Transformation
Historical Context and Current Trends of Physical Education in Europe
Biomedical Context of Change Management
Block of optional courses 2 (1 of 3 is chosen)
Adapted Physical Exercise
Wellness – World Process and Trends
Block of optional courses 3 (1 of 3 is chosen)
Management of Sports Organizations
Applied Management of Information Systems
By mastering the study programme, the student acquires the competences necessary for quality performance of various activities in the field of physical education and sport. The achieved competences are displayed through the level of ability of general and course-specific skills.
Upon mastering the study programme, the acquisition of the following general skills is expected:
- The ability to analyse and synthesise the relevant information and anticipation of solutions and consequences in teaching of physical education and sport training;
- Mastering the methods of work, acts and processes of research in physical education and sport
- The level of development of critical and self-critical thinking, as well as a competent approach to the problems from the field of physical education and sport;
- The ability to apply the gained theoretical knowledge in physical education and sport practice;
- The level of development of communication skills, as well as the competence in establishing the cooperation with the professional public, locally and internationally;
- Acquisition of the principles of professional ethics important for acting in the field of physical education and sport.
Upon mastering the study programme, the acquisition of the following specific skills is expected:
- Extended knowledge and understanding of the problems and professional terms in the field of physical education and sport;
- Independent solving of concrete problems in physical education and sport by using current scientific methods and procedures;
- Ability to link the latest findings in kinesiology with the adequate choice of models of work in all spheres of physical education (pre-school, school and student), as well as their application in modelling of efficient training methods in individual and collective sports;
- Gained competence in monitoring and application of new findings in physical education and sport through a critical analysis of referential bibliographic sources and through lifelong learning programmes;
- Mastery of the latest IT platforms essential for permanent improvement in the field of physical education and sport.
- Ability to perform research in the field of physical education and sport.