[tabs tab1=”Description” tab2=”Goals” tab3=”Course list” tab4=”Competences”]
Science, as a multivalent scientific discipline, forms a part of physical education, sport and kinesitherapy and is an indispensible part of everyday life and work. Strivings and scientific contributions of several generations of researchers in the field of science in physical education, sport and kinesitherapy give grounds to the claim about a high level of competitiveness of obtained scientific findings and competence of the scientists who contribute, by means of research, to the development of the knowledge-based society in the field of physical education and sport.
The purposefulness of the doctoral studies of physical education, sport and kinesitherapy is based on the fact that only highly-educated professionals can contribute to a further devleopment of the sport science as a scientific discipline and to the further development of work technology in the fields of:
- Physical education on all levels of pedagogical and educational process;
- Sporta, especially the efficient programming and evaluation of sport activities and training of selected individuals and groups;
- Recreation through programming and evaluation of sport and recreational activities in order to preserve and improve health; kinesitherapy through Programming and control of kinesitherapeutic procedures;
- Sport for the disabled people through programming and evaluation of bodily activities aimed at mental and bodily rehabilitation.
Improving the work technology in the aforementioned fields is grounded in scientific research and information that is successfully implemented in everyday practice. The study programme aims at researching the systematic locomotor movements (exercise, training, kinesitherapy) the goal of which is an optimal development of organism, advancement and preservation of health, functional and work capabilities, as well as the preservation and improvement of motor skills and abilities characteristic of competitive sport activities and achievement of top sporting results.
Specific goals of this study programme are:
- Acquisition of advanced knowledge on experimental and non-experimental research methods and understanding of data obtained through research techniques;
- Studying and analysing of the laws of human movement in clinical and rehabilitational fields with the aim to improve the effect of the healing procedures of certain health issues or illnesses;
- Acquainting the students with the latest findings in the fields of genetics and molecular biology of sport and exercise;
- Managing the technology of the training transformation procedures in individual and collective sports and conditional training;
- Advanced search of available databases and application of the actual information systems for the needs of research.
The Faculty of Sport and Tourism has for several years organised and featured doctoral studies and procedures for the acquisition of the academic degree of the doctor of sciences (dr sc) in the field of physical education and sport. Based on its work and activities so far, as well as the tradition and acquired exeperience, the Faculty is scientifically competent to execute the new programme of doctoral studies, educate the scientists in the field of physical education and sport who would satisfy the market demands of both the public and private sectors. The proposed model of doctoral studies is so conceived that it allows for the maximum student ability. In that resepect, one of the goals of the programme is an expected student mobility towards other institutions of higher education, Serbian and international universities and their doctoral degree programmes where the students will be able to elect the courses that would allow them to advance their core knowledge and knowledge in the field of physical education, sport, kinesitherapy and interdisciplinary fields narrowly related to certain fields of the applied sport science. Our study programme can also be the on the receiving end of the student mobility, for those students who wish to enrol, choose from among the selective modules and courses and acquire an adequate number of points. The scientific orientation of the Faculty and the results of scientific research published in Serbian and international publications can strongly motivate students of other European universities to enrol the doctoral studies of physical education, sport an kinesitherapy on our uuniversity.
Phd studies I year
Methodology of Scientific Researches
Quantitative and Qualitative Methods
Block of optional courses 1 (1 of 3 is chosen)
Management Modeling in Team Sports
Management Modeling in Individual Sports
Management Modeling in Fitness
Block of optional courses 2 (1 of 3 is chosen)
Motor Learning and Motor Control
Molecular Medicine and Genetics in Sport and Physical Education
Contemporary Analytics of Functional Testing
Block of optional courses 3 (1 of 3 is chosen)
Methodology of Kinesiology Research in Sport
Methodology of Kinesiology Research in Physical Education
Methodology of Kinesiology Research in Recreation
Phd studies II year
Block of optional courses 4 (1 of 3 is chosen)
Contemporary Biomedical Research Aspects in Kinesiology
Contemporary Socio-psychological Research Aspects in Physical Education and Sport
Contemporary Interdisciplinary Research in Kinesiology
Contemporary Trends in Higher Education
Evidence of Scientific Activities
Pedagogical Activities in Educational Process of Academic Institution
Drafting a Doctoral Dissertation
Phd studies III year
Doctoral Dissertation project Defense
Operationalization of Project and Doctoral Thesis making
Preparation and Doctoral Dissertation Defense
The main outcomes of the study program Physical education, Sport and Kinesitherapy are reflected primarily in the competencies of students acquired during three academic years. Achieved competencies are manifested through the acquisition of general and specific skills.
By completing the study program, doctoral students are expected to acquire the following general skills:
- Capacity for analysis and synthesis of relevant information and for assuming solutions and consequences in the field of physical education, sport and kinesitherapy;
- Mastering the research methods, techniques and tools, as well as research processes of phenomena in physical education, sport and kinesitherapy;
- Development of critical and self-critical thinking and competent approach to problems in the field of physical education, sport and kinesitherapy;
- Ability to redefine and reconsider the acquired theoretical knowledge of physical education, sport and kinesitherapy;
- Development of communication skills and ability to establish cooperation with the scientific and professional community in close social and international enviroment;
- Acquisition of the principles of professional ethics significant for scientific research.
By completing the study program, doctoral students are expected to acquire the following specific skills:
- Independent appliance of objective research methods designed for critical analysis of fenomena in physical education, sport and kinesitherapy:
- Ability to independent monitoring and evaluation of bibliographic sources refereed in the leading WOS databeses;
- Mastering modern diagnostic instruments for collecting data on morphological, functional and motor parametrs of all categories of population (children, youth, adults, people with special needs …);
- Ability to design research instruments for collecting data on psycho-social characteristics of the sample subjects of all categories;
- Ability to design scientific research and to define scientific hypothesis based on current theoretical and empirical knowledge;
- Ability to meet the requirements of indexed scientific journals, that is to learn the technology of writing review articles, original research papers and scientific polemics;
- Publication of a scientific review article in the scientific journal of national importance or in refereed proceedings, based on a critical analysis of recent bibliographical sources on the chosen research problem;
- Publication of original scientific research in a scientific journal of national importance or in the refereed proceedings.