Management and business in tourism is an accredited study programme of the Faculty of Sport and Tourism. Lectures in this study track are organised for small groups, with the use of the latest teaching methods aimed at acquiring practical knowledge and skills required for employment and work in the field of tourism.
Dedication of the teaching staff is reflected in the individual approach to each student, while respecting interests, inclinations and ideas of every student, as an individual.
Knowledge acquired during the studies at the Faculty of Sport and Tourism allows for creating a solid foundation in the field of hotel industry, agency business, management of tourist destinations in the fields of rural, cultural and active tourism, but also for starting one’s own small business.
Lectures and practice at the Faculty of Sport and Tourism are interactive in nature. Aided by the use of computers and latest relevant sources, students are stimulated to research independently, draw conclusions, perceive and comprehend the current trends in the tourist market, as well as to create and design innovative tourist services and products.
In addition to the lectures held in the premises of the Faculty, the students of the second and the third year of bachelor studies carry out a part of their assignments in renowned companies from the field of tourism, as a part of their mandatory professional practice. In this way they are acquainted with working in hotels, hostels, camps and tourist agencies, while in their third and fourth year of study they take part in creating and realising the programmes of study trips in Serbia and abroad. Within the chosen assignments, the students are given a chance to act in the roles of tourist agents, guides, animators, organisers of recreational activities or marketing managers, which is often essential for deciding on the choice of future profession in tourism.
If you see yourself in a dynamic, creative and responsible job and if you are communicative, resourceful and creative – studying at the Faculty of Sport and Tourism is an ideal choice for you!
Basics of Tourism
Basics of Economy
English language 1
Second foreign language 1 – German language 1
Resources in Tourism
Basics of Management
English language 2
Second foreign language 2 – German language 2
Law and Ethics
English language 3
Second foreign language 3 – German language 3
English language 4
Second foreign language 4 – German language 4
Principles of Sustainable Development
Finances with Accounting
English language 5
Block of optional courses 1 (1 of 3 can be chosen)
Exercise and Health
Sociology of Culture and Arts
Service creation and development
Block of optional courses 2 (1 of 2 can be chosen)
English language 6
Block of optional courses 3 (1 of 3 can be chosen)
Management of processes of communication with customers
Block of optional courses 4 (1 of 3 can be chosen)
Complementary Sectors in Tourism
History of Art and Culture
Block of optional courses 5 (1 of 2 is chosen)
Human Resource Management
Leadership and Personnel Management
Block of optional courses 6 (1 of 2 is chosen)
English language 7
Worldwide Tourism Destinations
English language 8
By mastering the Bachelor’s degree level of academic studies, the students acquire the following competences:
- Comprehension of scientific and professional foundations of knowledge in the fields of management and business,
- Mastering different sets of knowledge in the fields of economy, management, marketing, informatics, law, ethics, as well as their relation in the context of making timely and optimal business decisions,
- The ability to analyse, synthesise and anticipate solutions, as well as the consequences of certain occurrences in the field of management,
- Being prepared to act independently in a professional context and make timely and optimal business decisions,
- Knowledge of research methods and management procedures in the narrow field of specialisation,
- Ability to perceive and evaluate intersectoral links between tourism, other branches of economy and complementary services,
- Adopted key sets of knowledge of tourism as a complex phenomenon of the modern day and heterogeneous aspects and goals of its development,
- Competence in perceiving and comprehension of essential issues, links and principles of interrelation between tourism and economical, natural-ecological and socio-cultural environments,
- Capable of adequately evaluating economical, socio-cultural, ecological and psychological factors in decision-making processes in the context of plans and projects of tourism development.
On the basis of general competences, the students also acquire the following, course-specific competences:
- Ability to tackle and solve concrete business and professional problems by applying tried and tested methods and procedures in the specific field,
- Developed skills and adeptness at using knowledge from the field of economy and management in planning, managing, organisation and control of more simple business processes in general and in the specific field,
- Ability to apply information technologies in the analysis of business results, as well as in making timely and optimal business decisions,
- Possession of significant knowledge on the need to base the entire tourism business on the principles and guidelines of sustainable development, thus meeting the needs of tourists and subjects offering tourism services, in the long run,
Ability to use various methods of research of management theory and practice, of management of service-oriented enterprises and processes, as well as of tourism development: mathematical-statistical, descriptive-explicative and empirical-normative methods, questionnaires, etc.