Master studies of physical education and sport last for one academic year (2 semesters). The main goals of the study programme are to enable students to: (1) expand their knowledge on principles of human movement; (2) get acquaint with methods of scientific studying of pedagogical, methodical and physiological principles of motor learning and development of motor abilities and (3) be able to competently analyse the latest systems of physical education and sport in the world.
Psychology of sport and physical education
A block of optional courses 1 (1 of 3 can be chosen)
Kinanthropological analysis of sports
Programming of kinesiological transformations
Historical context and latest trends of physical education in Europe
Biomedical context of change management
A block of optional courses 2 (1 of 3 can be chosen)
Adapted physical exercise
Wellness-world processes and tendencies
A block of optional courses 3 (1 of 3 can be chosen)
Management of sporting organisations
Applied management of IT systems
By mastering the study programme of physical education and sport, students gain competences ne necessary for quality performance in various activities of their future profession, primarily in teaching of physical education. General competences that students acquire are universal and primarily concern the ability to analyse; synthesise and anticipate the solutions in the teaching process, in relation to material circumstances; master the latest professional methods, as well as the research procedures and processes in physical education and sport. General competences also concern the development of critical thinking and the ability to apply the acquired knowledge in practice. In addition to this, our students are taught to:
- Conduct independent research in the field of physical education and sport,
- Define significant research topics in the field of physical education and sport,
- Creatively apply the acquired knowledge to even the most complex jobs within teaching of physical education,
- Plan, control and perform the most complex professional tasks in teaching of physical education and sport,
- Understand and interpret permanent professional education in their fields on the basis of recent scientific results.
- Analyse and create new scientific knowledge and implement it in practice by interacting with other professionals, thus affecting the increase of their efficiency.
- Critically analyse the currently accepted concepts applied in the field of physical education by means of application of scientific methods,
- Identify and interpret the basic methods and principles of training in the context of complementary scientific disciplines (physiology, biomechanics, pedagogy, theory of training …) and introduce innovations in teaching of physical education on the basis of new scientific discoveries.