Faculty of Sport and Tourism – Tims. From Novi Sad, Serbia, was founded in 2004. as an independent high school insitution whose founders are private persons. The Faculty operates within the Educons University from Sremska Kamenica, Serbia. The Faculty, as well as all of its study programmes, has been accredited as a scientific institution with a licence to engage in scientific and research work. In addition to this, the Faculty was issued a work licence by the competent Provincial secretariat, one of the first private Faculties with such status.
The basic values of Tims. are orientation towards practice, entrepreneurial spirit, interactive lectures and work in small groups, scientific foundation of knowledge and focus on latest achievements in theory and practice.
- Bachelor’s studies / BSc
- Master’s studies / MSc
- Magisterial studies / Mr
- Doctoral studies / PhD
The seat of the Faculty is Novi Sad, at Radnička 30a, in the premises owned by the Faculty, on the area of 800m2.
The mission of Tims. is to be a place of convergence and exchange of ideas in the field of sport, tourism and psychology, as well as in active and creative use of free time with the aim to improve the quality of life. Conceived as an academic isntitution of higher education, the Faculty of Sport and Tourism has been accredited to conduct eight study programmes, three in the field of physical education and sport, three in the field of management and business and tourism and two in the field of psychology. All programmes have been accredited in the field of social sciences-humanities. Curriculuns have generally been conceived in such a way that the bahelor’s level is completed after four years of studying, with the graduate master’s level lasting for another year and doctoral studies for further three years.
At the study track of Physical education and sport students can gain the following titiles:
• at the bachelor’s level of academic education, according to the nomenclature of titles, the following titles are gained: Bachelor of sport and physical education;
• at master’s level of academic education, the following title is gained: Master of physical education and sport;
• upon completing doctoral studies of sport and defending the thesis, one gains the title of: Doctor of sciences – physical education, sport and kinesitherapy.
At the study track of Management and business in tourism the following titles are gained:
• at bachelor’s academic level: Bachelor of management;
• at master’s academic level: Master of management;
• upon completing doctoral studies of tourism and defending the thesis, one gains the title of: Doctor of sciences – management and business.
At the study track of Psychology the following titles are gained:
• at bachelor’s level: Bachelor of psychology;
• at master’s level: Master of psychology.
The Faculty is a place where a number of research and scientific project activities are conducted, encompassing the fields of sport, tourism and psychology. Lecturers and associates contribute to the affirmation of the Faculty through personal development and by gaining competencies (by writing and publishing research and scientific papers and by managing and taking parts in various projects).